Healthy and delicious recipes with chia seeds to accelerate weight loss
August 2, 2022
One of the smallest and trendiest superfoods these days, chia seeds are a popular addition to the diets of wellness-conscious people. The seeds of the flowering plant Salvia hispanica, chia seeds are high in fiber and protein, low in energy, and packed with numerous vitamins, making them an ideal food for weight loss. They are also great at your core and keep your blood sugar levels in check. Among the most effective techniques to add them to your meals are smoothies, salads, bread, oatmeal, puddings, drinks, baked goods as a way to fuse style with diet. (Also read: Healthy breakfast recipes that can help kick-start mental energy)
“The tiny, tiny black/white chia seeds are highly nutritious and an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, phosphorous and zinc. Although they come in different varieties, their nutritional content is the same. Combined with a balanced and nutritious diet, the fiber and protein content in chia seeds also help benefit people on their weight loss journey,” says Manpreet Kaur Paul, executive nutritionist at Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, Faridabad.
The nutritionist explains how the soluble fiber found in chia seeds has the value of absorbing water and swelling, thus forming a thick gel that is helping to slow down the transit time through the digestive tract when eating. Both the fiber and protein content in chia seeds take longer to transport through the digestive tract and make you feel full for an extended period of time.
Here are some healthy and attractive chia seed recipes as outlined by Manpreet Kaur Paul.
1. Chia Tutti Frutti Salad
– 1- 2 teaspoons of powdered brown sugar
– Cut almonds and pistachios (5 each)
– Kiwi, pomegranate, papaya- 1 cup (100 grams)
For the chia seed mix:
-1 cup of cold almond milk (200 ml)
-2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked)
-1 tablespoon of honey
-1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
• In a non-stick pan, add the jaggery powder and a little water to caramelize the sugar. Now it is possible for you to upload nuts.
• For the chia seed mix, take 1 cup of cold almond milk, add chia seeds and mix well. Then add honey and a bit of ground cinnamon for a toffee after styling.
• You can now move forward by including a layer of fruit alternating with a layer of chia seed mix in a smoothie jar
• Finally, best this with a layer of walnuts and your tutti frutti chia salad can be served
2. Spinach tortilla with chia
• 3 egg whites
• 2 teaspoons of oil
• 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
• 1.5 cup chopped spinach
• 1 cup of chopped tomato and onion
• Salt and black pepper in line with the style
• In a bowl, beat the eggs well, then add a little salt and black pepper.
• Add chopped spinach, chia seeds, tomatoes, and onion to egg mixture.
• Now heat a frying pan and add a little oil. Add the egg combination and cook dinner over medium heat.
• Fold the tortilla and turn off the heat.
• This option works great when served with multigrain toast.
3. Chia Rice Cooker
• 1 cup of quinoa, washed and rinsed properly
• 2 teaspoons chia seeds (washed and rinsed)
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 chopped carrot
• 1 green bell pepper sliced
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 2-3 green chilies
• 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
• Preheat the pan and add oil. Now load onion and cumin seeds and sauté until the onions turn an even brown color.
• Add all the chopped vegetables, add salt and sauté for a couple of minutes
• Lastly, add the washed and rinsed quinoa and chia seeds and blend well. Now load green chillies, turmeric powder and mix smartly.
• Continue stirring the mixture by adding 2.5 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cover and cook dinner until fully done.
• Serve scorching by squeezing a little lemon juice on top.
4. Chia Delight Jam
• Strawberry and kiwi- 2 cups (chopped)
• Chia seeds- 2 tablespoons
• Mint leaves: a couple of
• Maple syrup- 1 tablespoon
• Heat strawberry and kiwi over medium heat until comfortable, dissolved and juicy.
• Remove from heat and add chia seeds next to some mint leaves and maple syrup
• Transfer the mixture to a jar and allow it to cool and set.
• Keep this jam refrigerated.
5. Chia Energy Bites
• Toasted oatmeal- 1 cup
• Chia seeds- 2 tablespoons
• Honey- 1/4 cup
• Pumpkin seeds- 1 tablespoon
• Peanut butter- 1/4 cup
• Elachi powder – 2 teaspoons
• Cleverly mix all components together in one container.
• You can form those energy morsels into bars or ladoo.
• Refrigerate them for no less than half an hour.
• You can also sprinkle some dried coconut flakes on top of those energy bites before serving.